Peter and Laura’s July 2023 wedding at Alturia Farm was a mixture of rustic elegance and vintage detailing. Their wedding contained many personal touches, from Peter’s military uniform to DIY bouquets reminiscent of the wildflowers of their home state of Washington.
Rustic-themed invites mixed with vintage sparkle were the perfect combination for the vibe Laura was going for.
Laura chose a lacy, romantic wedding dress and Kimmy Hair Artistry created this vintage look with entwined baby’s breathe to match.
Hard to believe these lovely bouqets are DIY! Laura and her bridesmaids put the bouquets together themselves.
Alturia Farm, located only 1.5 hours from the heart of Fairfax, offers a number of indoor and outdoor spaces, including The Chapel, where Laura and Peter held their ceremony. Having a dedicated indoor ceremony spot means not compromising your aesthetic and timeline should rain happen on your wedding day (and rain happens a lot in Virginia).
The ceremony swag floral – the one piece Laura chose not to DIY – was created by King William Florist.
Alturia’s Event Barn seats up to 200. The greenery and bud vases on the tables are more impressive DIY work by Laura and her bridesmaids.
Rainy days make for great photos!
Vintage vibes abound in the carriage house, one of the many indoor spaces available to couples at Alturia Farm.
- Event Venue: Alturia Farm
- Hair Stylist: Kimmy Hair Artistry @kimmyhartistry
- DJ: Blue Note DJ Services @bluenotedj
- Event Planner: Southern Charm Events & Planning @southerncharmplanning
- Dress Store: Ava Laurenne Bride @avalaurennebride
- Floral Designer for Arch Swag: King William Florist @kingwilliamflorist
- Photographer: Lindsay Jane Photography @lindsayjanephotography