This styled shoot comes to us from Hart of Grace Photo and highlights the natural beauty of Alvis Farms at Slate Creek. Alvis Farms is a slightly off-the-beaten-path venue that offers an abundance of pastoral views, a field of cows for cool farm photo opps, and indoor barn seating as well as outdoor ceremony spots. Although closer to Richmond than DC, this venue’s affordable rates and authentic rustic vibe (it’s a working farm) make it worth the drive for a Northern Virginia bride.
This shoot highlights the work of many local vendors against the natural backdrop of the farm. Some favorites shown here include chairs from Lane Special Event Rentals, a bouquet from Pharsalia Events, and Attire from Celebration Bridal.
Woodwork and centerpieces were provided by Heart of Nelson, an artist collaborative, candles by Fort Blenheim Candleworks, and baked goods by Thistle Ridge Bakery.
A rustic ladder shelf displays champagne flutes from The Succulent Rose.
You really can’t have too many photos of this view!
A second ceremony setup features an arbor from the venue, and a field of dairy cows in the distance. Hint: Arbor flowers don’t have to be huge to be impactful! We love these green hydrangeas.
The venue also boasts a pair of weathered barn doors that make a lovely entrance into the ceremony spot.
Hint: haybales make gorgeous photos, but are prickly – if you use them for actual guest seating, be sure to cover with blankets!
So many photo opps at this venue!
All the pretty details – House of Nelson’s cake table and woodwork topped by a cake from Thistle Ridge Bakery, and a wilderness-inspired bouquet from Pharsalia Events. Cakes, decor, and florals were kept simple and natural in order to keep the focus on the beauty of the surrounding nature.
Another scene in this shoot highlights the rustic charm of a weathered barn, embellished with vintage suitcases from Heart of Nelson.
When a bride’s gotta’ go… Fortunately, restroom trailer rentals offer a much better option than porta potties. They range from clean and simple to nicer-than-your-bathroom-at-home. The trailer above is from Royal Restrooms.
Model Pamela poses inside the barn, where string lights add a touch of warmth . Her necklace is from Chickie Dickie Beads.
The cake above was provided by Buttercream Dreams.
Pastels like pale pink and blue make a great color scheme for a rustic barn wedding. Table settings are from Lane Special Event Rentals, and the centerpiece is a creation from House of Nelson.
Pamela takes a bite of a cupcake from Thistle Ridge Bakery.
- Venue: Alvis Farms at Slate Creek @alvisfarmsatslatecreek
- Photography: Hart of Grace, @graciehbrooks
- Planning: Champagne Wishes @champagnewishes_2020
- Decor/Catering: Take Out 250 @takeout250
- Tables, Chairs, Linens, Plates, Cutlery, Glassware: Lane Special Event Rentals @lanepartyrentals
- Bride and Groom’s Attire, Earrings: Celebration Bridal and Tux @celebrationbridalandtux
- HMUAs: Kaelyn Hawley @cosmokay17, Hair by Amber Coffey @krazyhair
- Signage/Cake/Cupcakes: Thistle Ridge Signs and Thistle Ridge Bakery @thistleridgebakery
- Cake Inside Barn: Buttercream Dreams @buttercreamdreamsllc
- Bouquets/Boutonnières: Pharsalia Events @pharsalia
- Arbor/Ceremony Florals: Alvis Farms at Slate Creek
- Necklaces: Chickie Dickie Beads @chickiedickiebeads
- Candles: Fort Blenheim Candleworks @fortblenheimcandleworks
- Soap/Decorative Champagne Flutes: The Succulent Rose @thesucculentrose
- Centerpieces/Cake Table/Trunk/Woodwork: Carla and Paul Quenneville courtesy of Heart of Nelson, @heartofnelson
- Wine: Lovingston Winery @lovingstonwinery
- Single outdoor bride model: Makenna Mellon @makennamellon
- Indoor bride model: Pamela Lorraine @modelpamelaraine
- Outdoor ceremony site couple with arbor: Tevin and Alexis James @tevinandalexis
- Hillside ceremony couple/cake table: Abby and James Mason @strongabbs98
- Restroom trailer: Royal Restrooms