This was a year of outdoor weddings, which wasn’t a problem for Mortgage Hall, which routinely hosts weddings in a large tent looking out over picturesque views. With blue and white damask table linens and rustic cross back chairs, guests at this summer wedding had a perfect place to enjoy the scenery. Florals in citrus colors rounded out the tablescapes with sunny pops of orange and yellow.
Cross back chairs and farmhouse tables paired with delicate damask linens create a look that is rustic yet elegant.
Blue and white tableware has been popular in Virginia since before the Revolutionary War. Originating in 14th-century China, it was cobalt blue (because the pigment was one of few that could withstand the firing temperatures of porcelain) and most often adorned with flowing plant motifs. It was popular among fashionable elites such as George Washington.
The Wedding Vendors for This Wedding:
(not all work for this wedding is shown)
- Venue: Mortgage Hall, @mortgagehallmiddleburg
- Planning & Design: For Love of Love, @forloveoflove
- Photographer: Genevieve Leiper Photography, @genevieveleiperphotography
- Catering: Blue Water Kitchen, @bluewaterkitchen
- Florist: Wander and Whimsy Floral, @wanderandwhimsyfloral
- Hair and Makeup by Claudine, @hairandmakeupbyclaudine
- Paper Goods: Adoration, @adoration
- Cake: Liberty Baking Co, @libertybakingco
- Lighting: Frost Lighting DC, @frostlightingdc
- Rentals: Something Vintage @smthingvintage, Jefferson rentals @jefferson_rentals,
- Party Rental Ltd @partyrentalltd
- Tent: Jefferson Rentals @jefferson_rentals
- DJ: DJ Q