Shireen and Ryan renewed their vows at the 2941 Restaurant in Falls Church, on April 24, 2021. They had eloped in 2020 as a result of pandemic restrictions, and this long-awaited celebration is full of meaningful details, from a photo session at Dominion Lighting in Arlington, to a walk through Frady Park in Falls Church. This event showed true Northern Virginia wedding style! Thank you to Shelly Pate Photography for sharing this special day with us.
The bride’s hair and makeup was done by a long-time family friend, Remona of Hair by Remona.
Shireen and Ryan chose to have their first look portraits in a unique spot – Dominion Lighting in Arlington, Virginia. They wanted something with a whimsical feel, that would allow for some creative portrait shots. Shelly Pate Photography was able to get creative with the reflected lights, and the result is this unique and memorable set of wedding portraits.
The couple’s portrait session was followed by a walk through Frady Park in Falls Church, VA, to the site of their elopement in 2020, and more portrait shots. Shireen grew up in the City of Falls Church. Her parents’ home is right down the street from Frady Park, and she used to walk their dog, Jasper, through the park all the time. Shireen always thought the park was beautiful and a hidden gem in her little city.
We love the groom’s floral tie that perfectly matches the couple’s timeless color palette of coral, magenta, pink, and green, with a hint of purple.
This classic car belongs to the father of the bride.
The couple chose 2941 Restaurant for an intimate reception with family and friends. 2941 Restaurant (located at 2941 Fairview Park Drive in Falls Church) is best known for the stunning view of it’s waterfall garden, just outside the floor to ceiling windows that line all of its 4 event spaces.
Wander + Whimsy Floral worked their magic, transforming the space into a romantic,
vibrant wonderland of beauty.
“At the end of the day, your wedding day is about you and your best friend/ future life partner. The cancellation of our wedding was a blessing in disguise. We didn’t have to worry about anyone else and we could focus on just us, our love, and our commitment to each other. You can have the always have a party later!”Shireen
Wedding Vendor List:
- Videography: Cinema and Video 87 & Smith 87andsmith.com/
- DJ: Exclusively Entertainment exclusivelyentertainment.com
- Portrait Location 1: Dominion Lighting dominionlighting.com
- Portrait Location 2: Donald Frady Park fallschurchva.gov/1546/Donald-South-Frady-Park
- Reception Venue: 2941 Restaurant 2941.com
- Floral Designer: Wander + Whimsy Floral and Event Styling wanderandwhimsyfloral.com
- Hair and Makeup: Hair by Remona hairbyremona.com
- Apparel: Love Couture Bridal lovecouturebridal.com
- Apparel: Zoya’s Atelier zoyasatelier.com
- Photographer: Shelly Pate Photography shellypatephotography.com